11.13.2011

our week in iPhone pics - Nov 5

What a week! We started it out with an awesomely fun weekend (for WyBear and I, anyway), then had a few days of work and then capped it off with a birthday boy and a road trip to Portland. Here we go!


saturday: Karl is still super busy at work lately, and he needed to go in to the office both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Boo for him, but it does mean that I tried extra hard to keep Wyatt entertained. On Saturday we ran a bunch of errands. I continued my habit of taking car seat pictures of my little man, and he was very suspicious of this practice that morning. Then we got to Michaels and I tried to get him to wear a snowman hat (Guess what? He was not amused). Then it was off to Costco where Wyatt was being so adorable that I nearly forgot what I was even there for. When I got home and saw my 2nd car seat picture I very nearly died from the cuteness. And when Karl came home from work he stopped at Starbucks...they gave him an extra cup for some reason, and Wy loved walking around drinking his "coffee" while he pulled every single one of his toys off of his bookshelf.


sunday: Another Mama + Baby Bear day. Once we got up and dressed and saw Papa Bear off to work, it was time for a lunch of cherry tomatoes (the last from our garden) and a black bean and cheese wrap. Then it was off for a drive down a pretty fall highway to meet our friends at the library for a Charlie Hope concert. We got there a little early, so we had fun playing with the giant stuffed animals and board books. Who knew the library was so cool? I think we'll have to start going there more often! Then the concert started, and Wyatt happily sat on my lap for the entire set and he got so cute and bashful going up to her for a hug afterward. Since the weather was so beautiful once the concert was done, we went to a nearby park (a park of AWESOMENESS) with our friends for some outdoor playtime. This park was amazeballs. Wy and Miss P were sooooooo cute holding hands, and then they had fun running all around the park until their noses were bright red and their hands were freezing cold. What a fun day!


monday: Mondays are tough for me, picture-wise, because I have recurring meetings that fill up my calendar so I rarely get to go visit my little man during lunch so then I'm so busy getting my fill of Wy-love that I forget to snap any pictures. The Henster sure was being cute laying on Karl's lap after Wy went to bed though. Love that pup, even when he drives me bonkers. :)


tuesday: I didn't realize Wy was in the middle of a diaper change when I got to daycare during my lunch, so I didn't hide out until he was done...and once he saw me he was OVER that darn diaper change. Luckily Miss Maimuna was almost done with it so he got to come get Mama snuggles and then he showed me their "messy room" where they paint with water colors and play with the water table and all sorts of other messy fun that toddlers eat up.


wednesday: Some early morning snuggles after jammies come off but before daytime clothes get on. Love my little snuggler. When we picked him up in the evening he was crazy crabby and he fell asleep about 0.2 seconds after getting into the car and then took a long nap.


thursday: I was feeling the need, the need for caffeine, on my way to work on Thursday, so we stopped at Starbucks. The drive-thru line was ridiculous though, so we went ahead and went inside and I think Wy was totally confused about why he was out of his car seat so soon (plus that hand in the mouth is a pretty clear indicator that another tooth/teeth is/are working their way out). When I came to pick the little man up at the end of the day, he was in the middle of 5:00 snack and he just couldn't decide if he should get up and hug me or hurry up and shove all the rest of his snack in his mouth...so he decided to try and do both, that silly boy. Then he helped Karl give super stinky Henry a bath, and then we held hands while he drifted off to dreamland.


friday: 11.11.11! Happy Veteran's Day! And Happy Happy Birthday to Karl! Luckily Veteran's Day is a holiday for me so I always get the hubs' birthday off. And Karl decided to take the day off, too, so we decided to head down to Portland to see his sister and her little family. Before we could do that though, K got his car serviced and I chased Wy around as he tried to demolish our kitchen. Then it was time to hit the road! A little mid-trip snack break, then we finally arrived at Laura & Scott's house. The boys are just 4.5 months apart, and during this visit they were a lot more interactive with each other so that was pretty awesome to see. We also got to meet 6-week-old Samantha, our adorably tiny little niece. Oh my heavens, she is cute and has that deliciously distinctive newborn smell. Love. And my sister-in-law made the birthday boy a crazy delicious carrot cake, so once the little ones fell asleep we all thoroughly enjoyed a slice.

So that was our week! How was yours?

Linking up with Amy!


No comments: