10.23.2011

our week in iPhone pics - Oct 15

Another week has come and gone, and DAY-UM...it was our busiest yet! Tons and tons of budget work for me, and Karl got a bunch of new responsibilities given to him at work which meant he worked late nearly every night. So the story of our week went a little like this: get up, get ready, go to work/daycare, work until the latest possible time before daycare closes, go home, wait for Papa to get home (later than usual), go out to eat (because we didn't have the energy to cook), get Baby Bear to bed, log on and work for an hour or so more, go to bed and get ready to rinse and repeat the next day. Go ahead and admit it...you are jealous of our glamorous and carefree life! ;)

It wasn't all work and work though, we started the week out by having Karl's parents here for a quick visit! That's the right way to start any week, if you want to know the truth.

Anyway, without further ado...our week (in iPhone pics):


saturday: Some morning fun before getting out of bed - reading WyBear's favorite (and only) pop-up book and pointing out his nose (and my nose, and Papa's nose, and Henry's nose...). Cuddling with Grandma and Grandpa...now that's not something you get to do every day! He loved having them here, and we did too! We're so glad they carved a little time out of their visit to see Karl's sister and her new little girl (Rocky's a big brother now!) to come up and see us. After we got ready with everyone (but me, I'm such a party pooper) decked out in their Mizzou gear in honor of homecoming that day back in CoMo, we headed out to the pumpkin patch. It was a super cute one, and I think we'll be going back there again next year! Then, Susan and Rocky gave us the gift of time...much to Henry's chagrin. They entertained the little man while we gave the little pup a much needed haircut. FINALLY! He hates getting groomed, but he looks so darn handsome afterward that it's worth all the pain and suffering. Right, Henry? Right??


sunday: Grandma and Grandpa headed back to Portland after eating breakfast, but not before I convinced them to pose for some pictures (it wasn't hard to convince them, in case you were wondering). Oh. Em. Gee. The pictures turned out so cute! Wyatt wasn't wanting to smile pretty, but then Papa swooped in to the rescue and knew just the thing to get WyBear happy again...and the results were awesome. Such a cute little family picture. After the grandparents left, Karl also left to head into the office for a few hours of work. Wyatt wasn't very happy about that, no siree bob. Hobbes decided to brave the toddler by napping in the office with us, and Wy decided to go back to being adorables. Then we made a quick trip to the grocery story before Papa got back home. After dinner, it was time for our nightly (unless it's raining) "put-Wyatt-to-sleep" walk (and that's what our headlight situation looks like, since it gets dark earlier and earlier in the Pac NW these days).


monday: Oh my boys, they were too cute sleeping like that before I got them up for the day that I just had to snap a picture of them. Then when I got to daycare, somebody was still asleep and looking so sweet. I just love sleeping babies! Once he finally woke up he was very groggy. Nothing that a little ball play with Miss Francesca couldn't fix though! Our little pumpkin family in front of the house, then a blurry (but too cute not to include) pic of Wy saying hello to the Henster, and our sleeping baby all snugged up like a bug in a rug after our walk.


tuesday: Wyatt was anti-book for so long, and we are so excited that he's finally liking books again! These bald baby dolls have always creeped me out, but kids sure do seem to like them. What's the appeal?? Some adorableness at daycare, then my stylish little cowboy (who saw his cowboy hat in the morning and would not leave the house without it) has recently discovered how AWESOMELY AWESOME the water fountains in the hallway outside daycare are, so we now have to stop there for a little fountain action in the evenings. And then Mt. Ranier...always so beautiful when it's out.


wednesday: I worked. A lot. Lame. (lame = the pictures I have to show for my day...I do actually love my job, even when it's crazy busy!)


thursday: WyBear saying "Okay, let's go home now Mom...and oh by the way, I'm taking this bear puppet with me." (side note: meltdowns over having to leave daycare toys at daycare are not so fun) What is fun? Playing with the water fountain! Car seat cuteness, a few pages out of the most fun mail I've gotten in a while (a Snapfish album that I made for Wy's first camping trip) and a much-appreciated glass of wine while out for dinner at Red Robin (not exactly gourmet fare, but it is VERY kid-friendly and we absolutely appreciate that these days!).


friday: Free Flavor Friday! I needed it, too, as Oct 21 is a day I've been looking forward to slash dreading for months now. It's the day I helped my VP present our division budget to the upper management. It actually didn't go too bad though, and I decided to head home shortly after we were done with it. :) For some reason I decided to give Wyatt a 5:00 snack on the floor in the office. Henry thought that was a brilliant idea. So did my son, who happens to be in a food throwing phase right now. Me? I didn't think it was such a great idea, in hindsight. But little man is so flippin' cute that I quickly forgot about the wasted food. A little Dr. Seuss with Papa is the perfect way to wrap up the week, don't you think?

So that's our week! How was yours?

Linking up with Amy!

No comments: