10.21.2010

Wyatt, month 3

Dear Wyatt,

I absolutely cannot believe that you are already 3 months old! I refuse to believe it! That means I'm 3/5 of the way through my maternity leave and all too soon I'm going to have to give you up to a daycare provider during the day while I'm at work. The thought makes me incredibly sad, so we're just going to pretend like it's not going to happen...okay?


During your 3rd month of life, you had lots more firsts. You continued to giggle quite often, and we even got a few full-on laughs out of you! Those are THE BEST, I have to say. We'll do all sorts of crazy things just to try and get you to laugh because it makes us so darned happy to hear it! You like zerbers/raspberries on your belly a lot, and that gets a giggle out of you almost every time.


You took your first bottle this month, in preparation for daycare (oh wait, we're pretending like that's not happening, aren't we?!). Papa gave it to you, and you didn't have any problems at all. You sucked down that bottle like a champ! We try and give you a few bottles a week, although I must admit that I just love our nursing sessions so much that I don't pump or give you a bottle as often as I probably should.


I started doing a little bit of baby sign language during your third month, mostly simple signs like "milk", "mama", "papa" and "I love you". I think you may be starting to recognize the sign for milk! We're going to keep up with this, and I so look forward to the day when you can start communicating back to us!

You are getting so much more control of yourself every day! We see you following us with your eyes from across the room, you notice Henry and the kitties, you watch TV (much to my chagrin) and you are getting very good at grabbing at what you want and bringing it to your mouth. At first you'd get startled when you accidentally grabbed on to things, but now you grab with purpose and usually can grasp what you are aiming for.


Mama got a little sick during your third month, and that prompted me to try nursing while laying down in bed. All I can say is: REVOLUTIONARY! It made those late-night nursings so much easier! But I think it also made you realize how much more comfy our bed is than your bassinet or your crib, because you very much prefer to sleep with us than on your own. You also turn onto your side to sleep, although you haven't fully rolled over on your own yet (but I have a feeling that's not far off).

Your favorite toy seems to be a burp cloth, since that's what you are constantly putting in your mouth! You like to nom, nom away on any burp cloth, and we think that's pretty cute. You also started being able to sit in the Bumbo, and you got your first vaccination (which you handled like a champ, by the way). We continue to work on tummy time even though you aren't its biggest fan, but you are getting incredibly good at lifting up your head.


This past month you outgrew your Ergo infant insert and your bassinet. We've started putting you in 9-12 month clothes, although you still fit in some of the 3-6 month clothes as well (but the 9-12 month clothes give you a little more breathing room). You're just getting so darn big! Your unofficial 3-mo stats (which we took ourselves since there isn't a 3-mo well baby exam) are as follows: 16 pounds, 26 inches tall and a 17 1/8 inch head. You just grow, grow, grow!

Oh Wyatt, your papa and I love you so, so, so, so much. Some days it's all I can take to not just nuzzle away in your sweet neck all day long. I love the way your breath smells of sweetly sour milk (seriously, I love it!), I love how your eyes light up when you look at me, I love cuddling with you in bed and I love our daily walks when you slowly fall asleep on my chest. I am trying to savor every minute as much as possible because I know you're going to grow up all too fast.

Here's your continuing photo album. We love you, Wyatt!





Love,
Mama

No comments: