7.21.2010

Score!

Today, Wyatt's 10th day, marks a huge victory...I was able to successfully put him down for a nap in his bassinet!


See, up until now Wyatt has been held pretty much 24/7 by either Karl or me. That's been totally fine with us, and is what we expected and wanted to do...but Karl goes back to work after this week and I've been stressing out about what life on my own (during the day) with a babe would be like if I could never set him down. But today gives me hope that all will work out as it should, and I'll be able to do something other than hold the little man all day every day. (not that I mind holding him all the time...I could just eat up that cute little face!)


Touchdown!

Oh, and he may have a lot of his daddy's facial characteristics (those lips!) but he definitely has my sleep position habits. I was a little Raggedy Ann doll with my crazy arms and legs as a kid (and still sometimes am even as an adult).

I'll try and catch some more photos of him with his eyes open today, but it appears that having a baby has caused me to largely lose the ability to take a clear photo...90% of the ones I've taken have been completely blurry! I shall persevere though, and will get the money shot that everyone's been waiting for. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie! He looks so peaceful. That's good that he is finally adjusting to sleeping in his basinet. Your arms have to get tired after a while. Plus, at some point you have to do some other things :)

Can't wait to see you guys again!

Love ya, Laura

Anonymous said...

He's is soooo gorgeous! Also, there is this great baby carrier called a Baby K'Tan that is soft, easy to use, and would allow you to get stuff accomplished even when he's awake. And there is a hold position w/ the K'Tan for a newborn. ~julie k.

Keri said...

Just stumbled on your blog. Your baby is adorable :)