5.08.2010

Ready

Just like last year, we went to the Seattle Tilth edible plant sale this past weekend. It was so much better than last year as far as crowd management went, we were able to find parking that was fairly close and we got all of the plants that we wanted. Winner winner, chicken dinner!


See all the veggies, all lined up in our cute green garden wagon just waiting to be planted? Well it’s not quite warm enough for most of them yet, but I also have a massive amount of weeding to do before I can dig in the compost and transplant the veggies. Too bad my nieces and nephews don’t live a little closer, or I’d see if I could tempt them into being hired as my weeders...I’d pay top dollar!

I exhibited *some* restraint and only plan to put 16 tomato plants in the ground this year (as opposed to 28 last year). Hopefully we’ll still have enough to enjoy fresh tomatoes in the summer and put up lots of tomatoes for the fall/winter/spring. We’re still working our way through the jars of tomatoes from 2009, but I doubt they will last all the way until the 2010 tomatoes are ready to eat. I’ve also got a giant jack-o-lantern pumpkin, lettuce, chard, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, peas, zucchini, summer squash, acorn squash and green beans all ready to go...just have to get the garden beds prepared. It's a good thing I've still got plenty of energy despite being in my third trimester!

I can’t wait for veg garden 2010 to take off!

1 comment:

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com