4.05.2010

Menu Planning Monday

I’m going to start a new feature here, where I post our meal plan for the week every Monday. I find that making a meal plan in advance helps me stick to my goal of cooking at home at least 5 nights a week. Since food expenditures are one of the biggest areas of our budget where I’m trying to achieve some reductions, and I can easily fall into the “I’m too tired to cook tonight” trap during the week, I’m hoping that this will help me stay on track!

Week of April 5

• Monday: chicken enchiladas, garden salad
• Tuesday: black bean and quinoa bowls (SO GOOD, I'll have to post the recipe once I find it)
• Wednesday: grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with roasted sweet potatoes
• Thursday: spinach ravioli with homemade (and homegrown!) tomato sauce
• Friday: rotisserie chicken, roasted broccoli and risotto
• Saturday: order out, probably pizza
• Sunday: red bean and rice burritos from this book (another vegetarian dish that is so good)

So that's the plan for what we're eating this week. What are you eating?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in the black bean & quinoa bowl recipe. I'm looking for a good quinoa recipe! ~julie
p.s. This is nice! When I run out of meal ideas I can steal some from your blog!!

Thai Adventurer said...

Totally wish I could pop on over for dinner...no meal plan here. No refrigerator= no meal planning! But sounds good, great idea!