4.21.2010

homemade lotion

I'm not a big fan of most commercially-made lotions - too many artificial fragrances, preservatives and scary chemicals in them for my personal tastes. But I hadn't taken the plunge into homemade lotion...until now!


I came across this post a while back and filed it away in the back of my mind as a "someday project". Well...my skin is horribly dry right now, I've got this weird itchy rash on top of my swollen feet (pregnancy's awesome like that in some ways), and the Burt's Bees lotion I was using ran out a few days ago. So last night after work I pulled that post up again to see if a DIY lotion was in the works. Umm, 4 ingredients (all of which I had on hand) and less than 5 minutes from start to finish? Yes please!


I used coconut oil, emulsifying wax, water and rosemary essential oil. Then I let it set up overnight, and I began using it this morning. The verdict? I LOVE IT! Like, I've been proclaiming my love of this stuff all day long I love it so much. And the recipe linked to (besides being SUPER EASY and CHEAP) makes up a pint (I used two 1/2 pint wide-mouth jars) so I'm pretty well stocked with lotion now. And when I run out, it'll be so, so, so easy to make some more!

Swoon. :)

1 comment:

moroshka said...

wow) its nice) i want it too)