3.24.2010

baby belly and a sneak peak

Yikes, it's been almost a month since my last post...sorry about that! Baby Rocky is doing well and gaining weight, just dealing with some preemie stuff. He's been at home for several weeks now, and the new family is slowly starting to settle into a routine. We can't wait to go back down to Portland to visit them again!

In other news, here's a shot of my baby belly @ 25 weeks. My crazy patterned super clearance shirt from Target kind of camouflages things a bit, but I think you can get the point. :) As of my appointment this week I have gained 8 pounds total through these first 25 weeks, so I am right on track for my goal. I had plenty of padding to start with, so I don't need to gain that much weight during this pregnancy!


Also, here's a quick sneak peak at some of my plans for the nursery - paint color and fabrics. I'm going to use the polka dot and orange fabrics for the crib skirt, the turtle fabric for something (crib bumper? fabric storage baskets?), and then the other 2 fabrics are for a top-secret project that I'm not ready to reveal yet (mostly I'm not ready to reveal it because I'm not sure if I'll succeed at this project or if I'll crash and burn).


What do you think? I personally loooove these fabrics! I wanted a nice and mellow color on the wall so we could use some really punchy colors in the decor. Luckily these fabrics all came from my stash (thanks to a certain nice lady who gave them to me as a gift a while ago), so I'll be saving a little money on this stuff. I like that the fabrics coordinate with each other but don't look too matchy-matchy. I want to have a somewhat eclectic nursery that looks unique to us, and I think we've taken the first steps in the right direction.

4 comments:

philnjill said...

Yay! An update! Some day I'll have my computer back and post updates to mine. Give my best to Laura and Rocky!

Anonymous said...

Laura, you look great! I can't believe that you've only gained 8 lbs so far - amazing.

I love the fabrics - you are so creative. I wish that I could be more like that. We don't have anything decorative in Rocky's room yet - doh!

Love ya,
Laura

K Simon said...

I was wondering if you had any idea what that fabric in the middle is called or where I might be able to get some. I am working on a crib set for my babies room. I want something unique, and fun. I was hoping to make it with my grandmother and mother so that the baby can have something special that was made with love to sleep on. i would love to get me hands on some of that fabric that is in the middle of your picture. thanks so much.

Laura said...

I believe it's a Robert Kaufman fabric, but I didn't save the selvedge so I can't verify for you...sorry!