We didn't get a bobblehead, but at least we got a win!

Last night Karl and I went to see the Mariners vs the Rays at Safeco Field. We'd gotten a good deal on some nosebleed tickets through my work, and it was Ken Griffey Jr. bobblehead night. We weren't one of the first 20,000 fans to arrive at the stadium, so we weren't one of the lucky ones to get a bobblehead. But as it turns out...we were still in for quite a treat! The game started off with a phenomenal entrance by the U.S. Navy Parachute Team, the "Leap Frogs". They jumped into the stadium from a high-flying plane while the National Anthem was sung, and we were thinking that they'd just leisurely float down to the field...

Man we couldn't have been more wrong! They came whipping down so fast, it was crazy!

And they landed on their feet, too! The crowd went WILD for these guys!

And then the game started off in the first inning with a homer by Branyan, so we thought the game was going to be amazing. Only....innings two through six went by with no Mariners runs and hardly any excitement. Karl even had to go halfway around the stadium to get me a coffee so I could stay awake (hey, my normal bedtime on Friday nights is pretty early!). :)

But then came the seventh inning, and Mr. Bobblehead himself knocked one out of the park...and the fans came alive! Then Ichiro hit a two-run single to tie the game up and we went in to extra innings. And at the bottom of the eleventh, when the Mariners were down by one...Langerhans hit a walkoff homer that won the game! Everyone was going nuts, and there were lots of high-fives being tossed around as we all cheered and left the stadium. So fun!

And today...my throat hurts from all the cheering. Ha! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was an AWESOME game. Laura was feeling like we should leave because it was getting late and she thought it would be unlikely we could pull out a win. I know we are both very happy we stayed to the end. It was so much fun watching that last homer.