6.27.2009

sewing

I did some sewing recently! A baby gift using Hawaiian fabric (blanket + bib) for a coworker, a grocery bag and a table runner...all in one day! Too bad I didn't take any pictures of the baby gift before it went off to the new mommy, and I haven't taken a finished shot of the table runner yet (I'll save that for another post). But...here is the grocery bag, all rolled up for easy storage (it's the white one):


And here it is unfolded along with a picture of my original 'inspiration piece', an Envirosax bag:



I have some poly-blend Hawaiian fabric that a friend brought back for me recently, and I think it would make a perfect set of fold-up grocery bags...but I wanted to test the pattern out since I was just essentially tracing around the existed bag. I had an old set of curtains that I thrifted from Goodwill a long time ago for use in a camping quilt, and it turned out this fabric was just perfect to use for my test bag.

When I make the 'real' bags out of the Hawaiian print, I think I'll do the handles a bit differently to make it a little easier on me. But all in all, I'm pretty happy with my little project! :)

No comments: