6.30.2009

Home & Garden Crashing - Laura & Scott's place

This past weekend we road-tripped it down to Portland to visit Karl's sister and her husband. They recently remodeled their kitchen, and we were dying to see it (not to mention we were also really looking forward to seeing them since it's been way too long)! On our way down there, we stopped in Centralia, WA to grab a burger at Burgerville (yum!) and we saw a cool old car ahead of us in the drive-thru line.



After a quick lunch, we powered on through to Portland where we were promptly wowed by how great their kitchen looks! This sucker was stripped down to the studs for several months as they slowly replaced pretty much everything except for the skylight and window.


They got the cabinets at Ikea, the quartz counters and floor tiles at Lowes (I think) and the appliances at Sears. I wish I had a before picture to show, but I don't so you'll just have to trust me when I say this is such an amazing makeover!


I love the black lower cabinets mixed with the glass-fronted white upper cabinets. Very chic.


They also replaced the storage in their laundry room with matching solid-front white cabinets. The light blue color that they've painted in there is so refreshing and crisp. Perfect for a laundry room.


And their vegetable garden, with it's prime location in the sunny back half of their yard, is doing amazingly great as well. Laura takes after her mom (my mother-in-law) by being ruthless with weeds! Laura...if you ever get an itch to spend hours and hours weeding, we've got a guest bedroom just waiting for you up here in Seattle! :)


Lots of marigolds are planted around the perimeter of this garden, including these tiny orange guys. I don't think I've ever seen tiny marigolds like this. Too cute!


While down in Portland, we all went to see The Hangover. Oh. My. Goodness. I laughed so hard that I nearly hyperventilated! Really, really funny...if you are in to that kind of humor!

So that's my little sneak peak into Laura & Scott's life. :) L&S - thank you so much for being such great hosts to us. Great BBQ, great laughs, great gifts exchanged and just a great time in general. We need to do that more often.

No comments: