2.20.2009

hello, babies

On Monday (2/16) I started 50 little pods of seeds. Leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, eggplant, lettuce, red bell peppers, green bell peppers and jalapenos. On Thursday when I got home, the lettuce had sprouted. Today (Friday), the broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage have also sprouted!

These little babies are so cute, and I'm a little bit fascinated with analyzing the differences. See for yourself... (although I didn't get any good photos of the cabbage and I'm being too lazy to go back and try again) ...

Lettuce:


Cauliflower:


Broccoli:


Plus, we've got a whole lot of shoveling ahead of us this weekend...


Hope you guys don't mind the garden taking over the blog for the time being...I'm a little bit obsessed with it right now...

TGIF!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That first pile in the last picture was very tough to move. I haven't gotten to the second pile that is farther back in the picture but I think it is slightly bigger and I'm not looking forward to moving that one too. lol I can't wait till all of this stuff is in place in the garden and the plants are growing.

~Karl