12.10.2008

What do you get...

...when you boil some yummy sweet potatoes...


...saute some apples in butter...


...brown some celery and onions...


...and then add in homemade turkey stock, shredded turkey and heavy cream?

Well theoretically you'd get a new and yummy way to enjoy some of those Thanksgiving leftovers taking up space in your deep freeze. But in reality we got something that was REALLY unappetizing. So much so that I don't even want to link to the recipe, because I wouldn't want to embarrass the person who posted it and likes it. Me? And Karl? Didn't so much like it. Wasted a lot of food. Crossed a turkey recipe off of our list (forever). Usually I'm a better judge of a recipe and can more easily tell if it's something that Karl and I will like. Swing and a miss on this one though.

Oh well. Live and learn. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I appreciated the effort though! Not every hit can be a homerun.

Thanks for all of your awesome cooking,
~K