12.18.2008

handmade holidays, part I

Okay so nobody posted any guesses to my sneak peak the other day. Boo! :) My prototype was for...coffee cozies!


I made a few of these as Christmas gifts for coworkers, and they were so quick and easy. I used a gray/taupe linen for the outside and pearl snaps for the closure. For a more manly cozy, I used a Hawaiian print...


And for a more feminine cozy I used a black/green/blue/pink floral print...


To assemble the cozies, I took a flattened-out cardboard cozy and traced about 3/4 of an inch larger all around and then added a thin layer of batting in the middle. Using a water-soluble pen, I wrote the recipients' names on the linen and stitched them in using embroidery thread in a coordinating color. Each one took maybe 30-45 minutes from start to finish. Super easy, and a great gift to make multiples of for coworkers!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Those are really cute . . . if I had seen your clue before I saw the items, I would not have guessed correctly. Although technically, one could wear that as a punk rock wristband.