12.21.2008

friends again

Me and blanket binding? We're friends again! :)

About 4 years ago I made a fleece/minky blanket for our little friend Asher's first Christmas using white satin blanket binding, and it was a near-disaster. This year I decided to make another one for his baby brother's first Christmas and I'm happy to report that the blanket binding was so much easier the second time around! Woo Hoo!


I know that there's a good chance his mom will see this....sorry to ruin the surprise, Leslie...

I found this super cute cars flannel at JoAnn's, put a thin layer of batting in between, backed it with blue minky and bound it with white satin blanket binding using a scallop stitch.

Check out the scooter! That's my favorite part of the fabric. :)


I've been getting so much sewing done these last few days, thanks to the winter weather we've been having. We're stocked up on food (and fabric) and are tucked in at home snug as a bug in a rug.


I took these photos about 2 hours ago and since then we've probably gotten another 2 inches of snow. It's crazy! Crazy beautiful, but also just plain crazy to have this many days of snow in a row up here in the Pac NW!


If it keeps up like this I might just burn through some of my fabric stash. :)

No comments: