11.02.2008

a horse of course

There are several horse pastures near our house, and one in particular that we walk by has a trio of very friendly horses that we can sometimes convince to come see us. We like to bring some veggies or fruit with us when we think the horses might be in a visiting kind of mood, and they seem particularly fond of celery stalks!


And every time we get done visiting with the horses I say “I want a horse!” and Karl says “I knew you’d say that!” and then I tell him about my childhood dreams of keeping a horse in my backyard. I sure do love animals.


And I also love their knobby knees and ankles...makes me feel a certain kinship with them. :)


Maybe someday...


...but until that day comes, I'm perfectly happy to keep bringing these guys some celery stalks.

No comments: