10.12.2008

First photos!

I got a new camera! Some of you know that I've been wanting a DSLR for several years now but have been happily making due with my trusty point & shoot. Well, this past week I finally took the plunge! I got a Canon Digital Rebel XSi, and so far I've been very happy with it. I still have lots and lots of learning to do, and I have to get the dog and cats to stop being scared of the noises it makes so I can actually take pictures of them without such skeptical looks on their faces. :)

Here are my first two 'real' photos taken with the new camera...



(Notice all that crud on Henry's beard? That would be the result of one of his favorite pastimes...foraging for bird seed!)

At first glance, these two photos probably don't seem all that different from my old photos. The big difference is that I didn't have to work nearly as hard to make the camera do what I wanted it to, and these haven't been edited in Photoshop at all. I hope that as time goes on I learn more and more about my new toy so I can improve my skills. It's going to be a fun journey!

Happy Sunday!

No comments: