9.01.2008

I can't even believe this all came from our yard!

First, a few late bloomers have shown up in the last few days despite the cooler weather we've been having (or perhaps because of the cooler weather, I don't really know). Behold, our first pickling cucumber and our first eggplant:



Now, a picture of all the healthy goodness that I gathered from the garden/yard today. We've gotten several zucchini, yellow squash and cherry tomatoes already...but this is the first time that I've gotten a whole basketful all at once. I think it's so exciting to see all of these fresh fruit and vegetables!


The apples and blackberries are going to be turned in to a yummy applesauce, the zucchini will be shredded for bread, and the rest of it will be eaten with dinners over the next few days. I love it! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing!! Wow! I wish I was your neighbor and could "pop in" accidentally right as the zucchini braed comes out of the oven :8) Laura = Jamie II.
~julie