5.04.2008

Swell

This past Wednesday we went to see The Swell Season at the Moore Theater. They sang a lot of songs from their movie Once, as well as a bunch of other Frames songs and Irish folk songs. It was amazing. So. Totally. Awesome.


Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, the two main vocalists, have amazing live voices and Hansard is an enthralling storyteller. They played a really long set, too. The encore kept going and going, as if you were watching a group of friends who got together for a few drinks and they ended up busting out the instruments and spending the evening singing their favorite songs. I loved it! I loved the movie when we saw it, but now that I've seen them in person I love it even more.

Here's a short video that I took during the concert. The song is When Your Mind's Made Up. Enjoy...

video

No comments: