3.04.2008

The benefits of washing my hair in the kitchen sink...

When this...


...is your temporary shower/tub "faucet", you forget about all of the completely minor details like...oh, I don't know, actually turning on the shower, until hours after the plumber has left. If there is just a pipe sticking out of the wall, how do I pull the tab to turn on the shower?? So now I'm stuck with taking a bath in the tub and then washing my hair in the kitchen sink until we tile in the shower and get the shower trim back on. Fabulous.

What are the benefits of this? Well, for starters...I'm forced to do the dishes every day whether I feel like it or not. And secondly, I'll appreciate our shower that much more when I finally have it back. And thirdly, well there is no thirdly. I can't think of a single other benefit to this situation. I can think of an awful lot of downsides to it...but I won't go there today!

You know what doesn't work as a shower switch? This...


...But don't think I didn't try it! :)

So Dad, when are you coming up here? I'll even get you a first class seat, if it's available! Pretty please with sugar on top, will you come up and help us tile this sucker in so I can return to a sense of normalcy???

2 comments:

philnjill said...

Thirdly: washing your hair in the sink improves your flexibility!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, know that there is at least one other person out there in this world that GETS what you're going through. Not exact same situation, but I really really do understand. Hang in. I was able to leave for a weekend and go see my parents and just laugh and laugh and laugh with my mom. Ah... I needed that. For god's sake LEAVE if you have to!!!
~julie