3.11.2008

All about bathroom

I'm kind of boring right now - my life is all about our bathroom, the garden and work at the moment. Sorry!

My dad and Barb came up this past weekend, and we are so in their debt. We got the backer board and Red Guard (a waterproofing goo that's bright pink and quite stinky) up on Saturday, then got most of the tile up on Sunday. We still have 2 rows of tiles to put up at the top, a few small pieces to cut for the sides of the tub, and then the grouting before it's all done.


But so far, I'm loving it! The guys even built a soap dish in the wall - it took a few extra hours of work, but I think it was so worth it!

In addition to the tile work, we also got the kitchen ceiling painted white and made a little bit more progress on getting the veg garden ready. I'm officially overdue for planting the cauliflower, lettuce and beets....we'd better get moving!

Due to the space limitations in our small bathroom, the guys did most of the work in there. As a result, I felt extra pressure to put good meals on the table. I think I accomplished that goal...hopefully they agreed!

Thanks so much, Dad and Barb, for coming up and helping us. You were a lifesaver!! I'm sorry you couldn't take a shower while you were here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be so great! You're so going to love your new bathroom!! I know you were thinking Kitchen Remodel ... but this isn't too bad for now, right??!!
~julie

philnjill said...

Looks really good!!

p.reasoner said...

tired parents say:

We did a darn good job. Just, not enough hours in the day. Also, the food was GREAT, and you two HAD to win at Domino's. Hope you get the grouting done this weekend...It's shower time.