2.09.2008

Barack the Vote

Karl and I attended our state's caucus today. This time was a lot different than the one we went to in 2004...I think it's because a lot of people are so over (SO OVER) the current administration and also because the emotions around the two remaining candidates are so strong.

We also went downtown yesterday for the Obama rally...only we got there about 3 hours too late in order to actually get in to the over-capacity Key Arena. We ended up standing outside with several thousand other people, hoping to find a way to get in to the rally. No such luck, but we did get to see Obama! He came outside in an impromptu speech to those of us who couldn't get in to hear his official speech. People were SO EXCITED when he came outside! One young boy went running by us yelling "I touched Obama! I touched Obama!". So great to see people getting involved.


(picture taken from the Seattle Times website...my camera battery is still dead, and the charger I ordered from Amazon didn't fit...)

This is going to be a big year, possibly one for the history books. It's pretty exciting, and I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of CNN-watching in our household between now and November...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be a great year! I believe we're in better hands with either Democratic candidate -- and think they're both powerhouses. It made me giddy to listen to such an intelligent debate last week between the two of them!!! Two incredibly intelligent candidates who knew the issues and could SPEAK WELL!!!! Awesome!!!! ~julie

philnjill said...

That's awesome you guys went. Good for you for participating. Have you read his books yet?