10.21.2007

that is sooo domestic...

...but I love it! :)


I made the apron from In Stitches yesterday, and I'm so enamored with the way it turned out! It was my first Amy Butler pattern, and I was nervous because I've heard that her patterns are sometimes hard to understand. I had to re-read the instructions several times, I thought the pocket construction seemed a bit overly complicated and I would probably re-think a few of the measurements to be a little more practical (a bit wider and a bit shorter)...but on the other hand, Amy Butler's way of attaching the ties and waistband was pretty ingenious. I will definitely be making more of these!


See that bowl I'm holding? It's full of Chililicious, and holy moly is it good. I've been meaning to try this recipe for about 6 months, and now I'm wishing I would have tried it sooner! I let it simmer away yesterday while I made the apron, and it made for the perfect end to a day of sewing. Yummy!

No comments: