9.17.2007

Happy Anniversary, Karl!

How funny that the modern gift for a 2nd wedding anniversary is the same as the traditional gift for the 20th anniversary...china!


2 years ago today, my dad walked me down the “aisle” of his backyard to the music of Pachelbel so that Karl and I could pledge our love and devotion to each other surrounded by our closest friends and family.


The weather was perfect and my guy looked mighty fine in his tux. Our friend Megan sang so beautifully that she reduced everyone to a puddle of tears right off the bat, and I got so choked up during our vows that I had to cut mine a few words short. The chocolate covered strawberries were delish, the wine was superb and the laughter of our friends and family carried us through the whole enchanted evening. It was emotional and fun and exciting and laid-back all at the same time…exactly what I envisioned.


Happy anniversary, honey. I love you and I can’t wait to see what the future holds in store for us. Here’s to many, many more anniversaries together!

3 comments:

philnjill said...

Happy Anniversary, you two!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to a beautiful, creative couple!
love, Julie

Karl said...

Here's to many more long years indeed! I couldn't think of anything better than spending the rest of our lives together. I love you more every day.

Love,
~K