3.20.2007

I actually finished a project!


By golly, I actually finished something in time! Granted, I had to take a few hours off work in order to get it done....but it got done. I had some frustrations finishing this - I didn't have any batting that was large enough, my walking foot exploded all over me and broke a needle (lesson learned: if the machine feels and sounds weird, there's probably something wrong and you shouldn't just ignore it and hope it fixes itself...it won't.) and I stippled along two sides of the yellow before deciding that it made the quilt look too busy so I ripped it all out and just left the sides plain. Luckily the mom-to-be loved it, and she's already sent me a picture of the baby's room with the quilt draped over the ottoman. :)

And because no post is complete without a Henry picture....here are a few fun photos of the Henster being "babysat" by Hobbes:




Henry's all "WTF?" in that last photo. I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura,
This quilt is Gorgeous, with a capital G! I LOVE that color combo. So nice, so impressive. Love it, love it.
~ Julie K.