Happy New Year!
2006 was quite a year, filled with many ups and some downs as well. But those downs help us appreciate the ups even more, right?
Here are a few highlights, and we’ll keep this a nice and light post by conveniently omitting the sad lowlights of the year:
- several trips to Mexico – with my hubby, with friends and with family
- a lovely wedding in May at our alma matter
- a promotion for me in the early part of the year
- becoming first-time homeowners in July
- buying Karl his first car
- welcoming my little nephew Peter into the world – the seventh kid from the next generation of Reasoners
- getting a visit in September from Melissa
- celebrating the purchase of Melissa’s first house shortly thereafter
- making new friends and strengthening existing friendships
- going to Texas in November for an extended weekend
- celebrating one full year of marriage in September, and rounding out the year by approaching our sixth anniversary of coupledom (which we’ll reach in 16 more days)
What a good highlight reel!
Even though it’s a bit cliche to set resolutions, and chances are good that I won’t keep them even if I do spell them out for all to see….here is an abbreviated list of my goals for 2007.
- get the house unpacked, organized and simplified
- set up a big calendar for our bills and commitments
- learn more about photography
- sew and scrap more
- be more active
- make more meals at home to (a) be healthier and (b) save money
So there you have it. Today is a new day and a new year, filled with lots of opportunities for all of us. Let’s make the most of it!
Since I'm vowing to be more active in 2007, I can show you how I wrapped up 2006 - reading a book on the couch all day with two fuzzy ones keeping my legs warm. :)
That's Cooper giving me his tired eyes look...