11.27.2006

Thanksgiving leftovers

I had grand intentions of posting each day during my Thanksgiving holiday, but it just wasn’t meant to be. So instead of bemoaning the amount of leftovers in our fridge, and how I’m so sick of eating turkey and mashed potatoes, I’ll do a thankful list instead…a few days late for Thanksgiving…

  • I’m thankful for my husband, and for that fateful night at Harpo’s nearly 6 years ago that brought us together. I got very lucky when I met him, and I don’t tell him that nearly often enough (or myself, for that matter).

  • I'm thankful that he finally made it home last night – his normal 35-45 minute commute clocked in at 2 hrs 45 min due to the crazy weather we are having.

  • I’m thankful for all of my friends – old and new, close and not-so-close.

  • I’m thankful that my oldest brother reads my blog and leaves comments. Hi Philip!

  • I’m thankful for my family – those that are related by blood and those that aren’t. Not many people can say that their parents are some of their best friends, but I’m lucky enough to be able to make that claim myself.

  • I’m thankful for the steam cleaner that Dan and Leslie loaned us. Man oh man, did that come in handy this past weekend. We must get one of those.

  • I’m thankful that we were able to purchase our first house this past summer. Being a homeowner is SO MUCH better than living in an apartment (even if we can’t find any good Thai or sushi or Indian food close our house).

  • I’m thankful that Laura and Scott were able to share our first Thanksgiving as homeowners with us, even if I wasn’t the Hostess with the Mostess that I had intended to be. I’m also thankful that they brought us a bird book and helped us identify most of our backyard birdies! (note that I removed the bird book from our wish list on the right)

  • I’m thankful that in 5 days I’ll be in sunny Ixtapa instead of cold and snowy/rainy Seattle. I love the Emerald City, but I’m totally ready for a mini-vacation to the beach!

  • I’m thankful for the Le Creuset dutch oven that I bought at Tuesday Morning for 50% off. Oh yeah, baby! I could get arms of steel if I just started cooking more with that sucker – it is so heavy to lift! And it looks oh-so-pretty on our stove with a pot full of soup simmering in it!

  • I’m thankful for Cooper and Hobbes, and all the entertainment that we get from them. I love how Hobbes’ favorite place to lay is in the crook of my left arm, and how Cooper is so cute when he’s sleeping under our Christmas tree.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, but I won’t bore you to tears with a miles-long gratitude list! :)

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I'm having a snow day today - we have about 4 inches of snow on the ground, and about 1 inch of ice below that. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but Seattle doesn't have a whole brigade of snow plows and de-icers...so Renton is one big ice skating rink today with the temps forecasted to be at or below freezing for the whole day. My boss was kind enough to email me some files so I can work from home, so I best get to it. :)

~L

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'll be thankful if we get another snow day tomorrow!

Phil said...

I'm thankful for you, sis! And jealous you get to go to Mexico :(