10.17.2006

Weekend Recap, a bit late

A bit slow on getting the blog updated from the weekend....

This past Saturday we went to the pumpkin patch with my boss and her husband and daughter. As you can see, we bought a LOT of pumpkins. And I have plans for those babies. Big plans! Unfortunately I haven't carried through with my big plans yet because rain, work and other distractions have gotten in the way. I'd let you in on our plans for the pumpkins, but that would ruin the surprise! Mark my words, they will quite possibly be the coolest pumpkins on our block. :)




After the pumpkin patch, we checked off a few things from our Fall Home Maintenance Checklist - seeded and fertilized the yard, and propped up bricks to block some big holes along our fence. The bricks look a little ghetto, but if we get a puppy anytime soon then I'll take ghetto over an escaped pup any day of the week.

On Sunday morning, we awoke to this view from our backyard....

And a little bit later, this....

It's like a regular wildlife preservation back there! Now if only I could get my Rebel XT so that I could take better close-up photos (hint, hint). :)

And as always, this little one was sitting with rapt attention to monitor the goings on in the yard....


Coming up this week is going to be some furious work on our Halloween costumes. We might just be crazy for what we've committed to dressing up as....I just hope it works out as good as we are envisioning! Also happening this week is some searching for a ticket to the upcoming Beastie Boys show at the Joint in Vegas next Tuesday. If I can score a ticket, then I'm going to join my friend Carrie and I will have a wild and crazy night at the Hard Rock! She's already got her ticket, and a room reserved....and when I found out she was looking for someone to go with her, I decided to do a very un-Laura-like thing and be spontaneous! :) (yes, I know that planning something more than a week out isn't exactly the epitome of spontaneous per se....but it's a step in the right direction!)

Okay, the oven timer just peeped which means that my veggie lasagna is ready to go and I must eat so that I can dash to Value Village for Karl's costume...

Will post more this week!

No comments: